Hayter Harrier 48 Variable Speed (474A)
Introducing the Harrier 48 Petrol lawnmower (474A). Hayter is a classic brand that you can rely on and which inspires confidence in all gardeners. This high-quality mower is designed and built in Britain by Hayter Harrier using reliable parts and efficient engines. With Hayter, you get a strong, sturdy mower that will work hard for years to come.
Ideal for medium to large lawns up to 500 metres square (approximately 2 tennis courts), the Harrier 48 provides a comfortable mowing experience. The adjustable drive speed of up to 3.3mph means you can walk at your own pace. The split rear roller allows for quick turns without marking turf once the lawn edge is reached. This gives you a quality finish striped look to your formal lawn.
The classic Harrier range is now over 30 years old. With regular updates to make sure all the latest features and technologies are included. This gives you the best option for traditional build quality, alongside the latest technologies.
Built with Hayter’s very own self-propelled 159cc OHV GTS petrol engine, the Hayter Harrier 48 packs plenty of power. Thanks to the latest in Guaranteed to Start (GTS) technology, you will find the engine is easy to starts. With folding handlebars and a compact fabric grass bag for easy storage. The 70-litre grass bag is easily emptied by simply lifting it through the handlebars. If you prefer to leave your cuttings on the lawn, simply remove the bag completely for rear-discharge mowing.
Using the single counter-balanced lever, you can make quick and easy adjustments to the cutting heigh. You have the option between seven different cutting heights between 13mm and 60mm
For that classic British striped lawn look, the mower is built with a two-piece ribbed rear roller. You will also find the roller gives impressive traction and manoeuvrability. Cutting can be achieved right up to the edge of borders and raised flower beds. Manufactured from aluminium, the cutter deck is incredibly durable, rigid and corrosion-resistant allowing for ease of use with an incredibly long lifespan.
Features you’ll love
- A two-piece, ribbed rear roller provides superior traction, manoeuvrability and avoids turf marking when turning.
- Aluminium cutter deck that is long-lasting and hard-wearing.
- Easy to use height-of-cut lever. Choose between seven different heights (13 – 60mm) for your desired grass length.
- High performing cut and collection system uses Vari-Pitch™ cutting technology‡ to remove grass clippings once cut.
- High performing cut and collection system uses the front and side fins to remove grass clippings once cut.
- Easy-wash hose connector allows you to clean the underside of your Harrier® without getting your hands dirty.
- Guaranteed to Start (GTS) technology ensures hassle-free starting time after time.
- Lifetime Deck Warranty† against any cracking or breaking of the aluminium deck during normal use.
- Folding handlebars reduces the storage space needed.
- Quickly collect any unwanted leaves from your lawn by setting your height-of-cut one position above your grass.
- Easy to empty grass bag can be lifted through the handlebars.